Uncompromising Surveillance Storage
– WD Purple drives are designed to meet the challenges of 24×7 video surveillance recording. These drives are engineered specifically for surveillance to help withstand the elevated heat fluctuations and equipment vibrations within NVR environments. An average desktop drive is built to run for only short intervals, not the harsh 24/7 always-on environment of a high-definition surveillance system. With WD Purple drives, you get reliable, surveillance-class storage that’s tested for compatibility in a wide range of security systems. Exclusive AllFrame technology helps reduce frame loss and improve overall video playback.
Industry-Leading Storage. Surveillance You Can Trust
– Western Digital has provided surveillance-grade storage for more than a decade. With WD Purple surveillance storage, drives are engineered for high temperature, always-on surveillance systems so you can rely on quality video when you need it most. WD Purple delivers smart video storage that you can trust and are backed by a 3-year limited warranty6.
Western Digital’s Exclusive AllFrame Technology
– All WD Purple drives are equipped with AllFrame technology, which helps reduce video frame drops and improves video recording and playback.
Enhanced Workload Ratings
– WD Purple drives feature a workload rating of up to 180TB/year2 – up to three times that of desktop drives – to handle the unique demands of mainstream video surveillance DVR and NVR systems.
Multiple Cameras, Multiple Streams
– Modern recorders now support multiple video streams per camera. WD Purple drives support up to 64 single-stream HD cameras5. With so many options, you have the flexibility to upgrade or expand your security applications in the future.
Designed for Surveillance Solutions
– With an MTBF of up to 1 million hours3, WD Purple drives are engineered for mainstream surveillance DVRs and NVRs that operate 24/7. With tarnish-resistant components7 and support in storage systems with more than eight drive bays4, WD Purple drives deliver reliable operation even in harsh environments.
Wide Compatibility. Seamless Integration
– WD Purple hard drives are built with compatibility in mind, so you can quickly and seamlessly add capacity to your surveillance system. With a wide range of industry-leading enclosures and chipsets supported, you’re sure to find the DVR or NVR configuration that’s right for you.
Three-Year Limited Warranty
– As an industry-leading hard drive manufacturer, Western Digital stands behind their surveillance storage solutions with a 3-year limited warranty6 included with every WD Purple drive.
– Engineered for mainstream surveillance systems
– WD AllFrame technology delivers optimizations for write-intensive, low bit-rate, high stream-count workloads typical to mainstream surveillance applications
– Supports up to 180TB/yr workload rate and up to 16 bays
– Capacity: 6TB
– Form Factor: 3.5-Inch
– Connector: SATA
* Up to 64 HD cameras
* Up to 16 drive bays
* AllFrame firmware technology
– Interface: SATA
– Transfer Rate: up to 175MB/s
– Disk Speed (RPM): 5400rpm
– Recording Technology: CMR
– Cache Size: 256MB
– Warranty: 3-Year Limited Warranty
– Dimensions (L x W x H): 147mm x 101.6mm x 26.1mm
– Weight: 605g
– Model Number. WD64PURZ
– Operating Temperature: 0°C to 65°C
– Non-Operating Temperature: -40°C to 70°C
– Certifications: BSMI, ICES-003/NMB-003, CE, FCC, KC, Maghreb, RCM, UKCA, VCCI, CB-Scheme, TUV, UL